Good Morning Acu-Punks!!
We are happy to let you know that we are once again seeing clients for in-office appointments starting June 22nd and the Mind Body online schedule will be available for booking starting June 15th! The past couple months have been a tremendous upheaval for everyone and we look forward to being able to see you in person again.
Even as businesses begin reopening, COVID-19 remains a threat. To keep our patients and staff at minimum risk we will be changing our operations based on CDC and Massachusetts state guidelines and MA Department of Public Health reopening regulations. Below are some of the important changes we are making:
- Telehealth appointments will be available on an as-needed basis for high-risk/elderly patients. If you are at high risk for complications from COVID-19 or require transportation that requires you to be at the office more than five minutes prior to/after your appointment time, in-office appointments are not recommended at this time. Please speak with staff prior to booking if you fall into any of these categories.
- Appointment availability will be limited and our hours/days open will be drastically changed. This is to prevent having too many people in the office at any one time. Re-opening guidelines state that we must operate at an extremely reduced capacity and prioritize high need patients. For this reason, we ask that you only book one appointment per week to allow for all patient’s to be able to get an appointment, unless you speak with Crystal and get approval in advance of booking.
- Patients will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging COVID-19 risk before entering the clinic and receiving treatment.
- We have removed our indoor waiting area and retail space. The tea station is closed, and crystal sales will remain on our Etsy shop indefinitely (we can bring crystals in for you if you would like to order any after browsing the online shop). We will continue to use crystals during treatment and sell CBD and essential oils in-office, during your appointment time only.
- Please do not bring friends or family members to appointments. Only one client is allowed in the treatment room at all times. The only exception is if a child (18 years or younger) is receiving treatment; in this case one parent or legal guardian can be present in the room with them.
- Upon arrival, patients will be required to wait outside and call the front desk. We now have a bench outside the office for seating. We ask that patients do not arrive more than 10 minutes before their appointment time.
- Patients will be screened outside before appointments. This will include a questionnaire about potential COVID-19 symptoms and a temperature/smell test. The clinic reserves the right to and will turn away any client who has a temp, does not pass all screening questions or is unable to identify essential oils by smell.
- Cancellation fees are temporarily waived; if you think you or anyone you have interacted with might have been exposed to COVID-19, please call and let us know so we can reschedule your appointment.
- Patients are required to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the building.
- Patients and staff are required to wear masks at all times. The one exception will be while using a face cradle, but masks must be put back on immediately afterwards. If you do not have a mask, let us know when booking your appointment and we will provide one for you before entering the building.
- During treatment interaction between the practitioner and patient must be limited and the practitioner’s face mask and shield can not be removed, so we will not be giving moxa treatments or fire/sliding cupping. Stationary cupping will still be available but the practitioner will apply the cups and set a timer while standing outside the treatment room door. Patients will have a buzzer during the session so they can call the practitioner between check-ins if necessary. .
- Treatment tables are no longer heated (this is due to the use of vinyl table coverings). Mylar blankets and heat lamps will be available for those that want them.
In addition to the above changes, we are complying with CDC Sanitization Guidelines by:
- Disinfecting all high-touch areas after use, such as doorknobs, light switches, treatment tables, chairs, water dispenser handles and the bathroom.
- Having practitioners change protective equipment between patients. Licensed Acupuncturists will wear face masks and a face shield as well as protective outerwear at all times.
- Installing HEPA air filters in each treatment room and the front desk area.
- Replacing fabric sheets with vinyl covers and table paper in treatment rooms.
- Enforcing social distancing of at least 6 feet. Please be mindful of others while walking through the clinic.
- Continuously screening staff for COVID-19 symptoms and implementing our exposure control plan and protocols as needed.
- Installing no-touch trash bins, no-touch paper towel dispensers and hand sanitizer stations in the bathroom and throughout the clinic. There will also be locking plastic bins in each room for soiled reusable face masks to be stored for sanitizing at the end of the day.
*Keeping our patients safe and healthy is our top priority. We will be continuously reviewing and updating our policies and procedures based on guidance from the CDC and Massachusetts state guidelines. To stay up to date with this information please visit our website regularly and pay attention to signs throughout the office.
If you would like to schedule an appointment please click here. If you are unable to book online you can email us at email@example.com or text the clinic line at 617-971-8623 with your desired availability and we will get back to you as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience as we work on safely reopening!
Looking forward to seeing you,
Owner of AcuPUNKture