Valentine’s Day Specials & Gift Ideasevents, gift ideas, Uncategorized, workshops
Unique Gift Ideas!
Fun Valentine’s & Galentine’s Day Cards!
CBD ‘LOVE’ Bath Bombs!
Organic Lip Balm Rings!
Heart Shaped Crystals!
Lots of Unique Gemstone Jewelry Options!
Valentine’s Day Advent Calendar- Count Down!
Mystery Gemstone Heart Box!
Or Gift An Experience with these upcoming workshops!
Gift yourself or a loved one a Womb Healing Experience!
Sign up HERE
Valentine’s Mystery Gemstone Box Decorating Workshop!
The perfect experience to share with your Gemstone Loving friends!
Sign up HERE
Important Changes to the Clinic and Boutique Starting February 1, 2023acupuncture, Uncategorized
ACUPUNKTURE CLINIC CHANGES: PRICING, POLICY & STORE HOURS
Starting February 1, 2023, here is the current pricing for all appointments, which is a reflection of both the increased operating costs over the past few years as well as the ongoing expansion of knowledge and offerings:
Private Pay Patients:
Initial Consultation and Treatment: $135.00
Follow up Treatments: $110.00
4 Pack Follow up Treatments: $400 (saves you $10 per treatment)
*If you are a current patient and wish to prepay for one package at the current rate of $360 per 4 pack ($90 per session) you may do so before February 1, 2023 and use this package moving forward to cover any future treatments.
Insurance Pay Patients: It is your responsibility to tell us if your insurance has changed.
Copays, Co-Insurance, and Deductibles are your responsibility and are due at the time of treatment. If your plan is subject to a deductible, you are responsible for the amount covered by your insurance per treatment until your deductible has been met. Generally, we will know the copay amount up front prior to your treatment but it may take up to 4 weeks to get an insurance Explanation of Payment (EOP) processed and know your exact coinsurance amount or deductible amount due per treatment. The coinsurance amount is a percentage of what is paid by insurance. The deductible amount is the full treatment rate paid by insurance which varies by insurance and is subject to our contracted rates. This deductible charge may be anywhere from $87-$120 depending on what your insurance covers. Until this amount is determined, we will hold a credit card on file and then contact you prior to charging you to let you know what is due when your EOP is returned by the insurance company.
Cancellation Policy: If a follow-up acupuncture appointment is not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance via text/phone call to 508-507-8015 or email to email@example.com you will be charged the full rate of your missed session.
Late Cancellation/No-Show fee: $110 or 1 acupuncture session deducted from your package plan. Late Cancellation/No-Show fees will not be covered by your insurance company.
We understand that there are times when you must miss an appointment due to emergencies or obligations for work or family. However, when you do not call to cancel an appointment, you are preventing another patient from getting much needed treatment. Conversely, the situation may arise where another patient fails to cancel and we are unable to schedule you for a visit, due to a seemingly “full” appointment book.
In certain emergency situations or in light of COVID19 infection or illness, your late cancellation/no-show fee may be waived. It is at the sole discretion of the practitioner to decide if your missed appointment qualifies for a one-time waiving of the fee.
Other changes starting February 1st: The Boutique will no longer be open on Sundays.
Whimsical Wellness Boutique Hours:
Monday, Weds, Thursday, Friday 1-7pm
Closed Tuesdays and Sundays
Thank you for being a part of our Community of AcuPUNKs and we hope you have a safe and healthy 2023! If you have any questions about the above changes please contact the clinic directly.
-The AcuPUNKture Team
January Upcoming Workshops & Events!Uncategorized, workshops
To help ring in the New year we are offering some amazing events and workshops!
Click on the photo for more info and to sign up!
Check out our Online Boutique for a Sneak Peak of what to expect in our Whimsical Wellness Boutique!
December Deals! Big Savings are here now through December 30th!Uncategorized
Visit our Whimsical Wellness Boutique, located on the top floor of 205 E. Central St. Franklin, MA, for tons of end-of-year sales on some awesome products, while supplies last!
Can’t make it into the store or prefer to shop from the comfort of your home? Great news – we have extended our sales to our new Online Boutique!
You can now shop thousands of items from home and choose In-Store pickup or get items shipped for a $10 flat rate!
Shop Online Here
December Workshops & HappeningsUncategorized
Thank you to everyone who helped us kick off the holiday season by attending our 1st Annual Local Artisan Holiday Market. Despite the rain, we had a great turnout and we look forward to hosting again next year! If you missed it, here are some pics of the event and our local vendors!
Did you know that we host an array of monthly community workshops and offerings?
Check below to find this month’s classes, events, and announcements!
Click here to find our Holiday Vendors!
December Workshops & Events!
Take a Sneak Peak at what to expect in our Whimsical Wellness Boutique:
AcuPUNKture’s 1st Annual Local Artisan Holiday MarketUncategorized
Saturday December 3rd 10-2pm
Located Across the Top Floor* of 205 E. Central St. Franklin, MA 0203
*Unfortunately, there is no elevator in the building.
CLICK HERE TO RSVP TO OUR FACEBOOK EVENT
Join us for our first annual holiday market featuring
16 local small businesses and their amazing offerings!
This market will take place on the top floor of 205 E. Central Street Franklin, MA throughout our Community Event Space, Boutique & Clinic Space!
There will be 12 local vendors and 4 fun activities including Henna, Tarot Readings, Astrology Readings and Chair Massage so make sure to arrive early to secure a spot if you wish to partake in an activity!
See below for sneak peaks of what to expect:
Take a Sneak Peak at what to expect in our Whimsical Wellness Boutique by visiting our new Online Store!
Black Friday-Small Biz Saturday & Cyber Monday Deals!Uncategorized
AcuPUNKture’s Whimsical Wellness Boutique
Top Floor of 205 E. Central St. Franklin, MA 02028
Big Sales are Happening In Store this Weekend!
Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Deals!
Black Friday Sale 11/25/22 1-7pm
Enjoy 15% off your entire in store purchase
Including Local Art & Wire Wrapped Pendants!
Can’t make it in for Black Friday? That’s okay!
Show your support for Small Business Saturday
with special deals all weekend long!
Open Saturday & Sunday 10-2!
Can’t make it in store? Check out our new Online Boutique!
Cyber Monday Deals start this Saturday!
11/26/22 through 11/28/22 use code CYBERPUNK15 at checkout for 15% off your entire purchase in our new online Boutique!#shopsmall #metaphysical #crystals #franklinma #deancollege #onlineshopping #gemstones #crystalshop #blackfriday #cybermonday #smallbusinesssaturday #shoplocal
Find out more about our Wellness Center & Boutique Here!
Looking for LMT/bodyworker/healer to share space with!Uncategorized
We are looking for a Licensed Massage therapist or body worker/health provider to share space with. We are a fully established Acupuncture Wellness Center with 3 private treatment rooms fully loaded. with hydraluic tables.
PRIVATE TREATMENT ROOMS:
We are looking for like minded practitioners to rent in our space (massage, reiki, mental-health, nutrition, etc.) and can refer clients to you from our acupuncture clinic but we are open to other modalities.
We have multiple rooms for rent in our Acupuncture Wellness Center: AcuPUNKture located on E. Central St Franklin MA on the second floor (no elevator sorry). We have 3 treatment rooms in total and all three come equipped with earthlite ellora tilt wide electronic tables. There is a sink for hand-washing on our floor and a bathroom on the first floor.
Our acupuncturist only uses two rooms Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and 2 saturdays per month and one treatment room is available every day of the week. All three rooms are open for renting tuesdays, fridays, sundays and every other saturday.
Rent is $12 a hour or $100 for the entire day and includes use of one room, the table and heat lamps. Electric/heat and internet are also included in the rental price. Tenant must have their own malpractice/liability insurance (we have our own) and sign a sublease. Ideally we are looking for someone to rent the room for the day weekly but we are open to all possibilities.
COMMUNITY EVENT/WORKSHOP SPACE:
We also have a small community event space (open room) available to rent that is perfect for small art or healing workshops, yoga, meditation circles etc.
The room is available for rent 7 days a week for $15 per hour or it can be rented for $100 for the full day. The space is 15’ x 19.5’
We have meditation pillows available for use and 5 thin folding tables if needed that can be moved but it’s basically an empty room with a mural on two walls done by local artists. Here are some pics!
Please feel free to share and forward this info with your communities and contact us with any questions/inquiries at 508-507-8015
We are Hiring! Join our Team!Uncategorized
December 2021 Offerings: Workshops and EventsUncategorized
JP Clinic Last Day/Moving forward booking with Aaron in JPUncategorized
JP AcuPUNKture’s LAST DAY in Clinic is 9/15/21!!!
After this Aaron will open his own business on October 1st completely separate from AcuPUNKture.
To continue with Aaron/have your last treatment notes released to Refuge Acupuncture and Wellness- Please see Cassidy at the front desk. We will send health history release paperwork to you via email on intakeQ in mid-September.
Please contact Aaron directly to book an appointment for October 1, 2021 and beyond.
Refuge Acupuncture and Wellness
Aaron Wickenheiser, LAc.
82 South St., Boston MA 02130
Jamaica Plain Clinic Update/AnnouncementsUncategorized
2021 Jamaica Plain Office Schedule:
The Jamaica Plain hours will remain the same for 2021. We will be in Mondays 3-8, Weds 8-8 and Thursdays 8-2 and will continue to offer telehealth to severely immune-compromised and elderly clients unable to come to the office on Monday mornings 9-11.
The schedule is now open for online booking through 4/1/21. The schedule has VERY quickly filled up and unfortunately, spots are limited again. We will be working off a waitlist as there are always cancellations when booking so far ahead. If you are unable to book an appointment please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 617-971-8623.
If you would like more consistent treatments, please visit our friends at Save Point acupuncture and they will take great care of you!
New Clients: We are no longer accepting new clients at our Jamaica Plain location for the foreseeable future. If you have any questions you can call the clinic for more information at 617-971-8623.
New Patients/Insurance clients: Our friends at Save Point acupuncture in Sommerville are accepting new clients and they accept many of the same insurance plans: BCBS, Tufts, HPHC, Aetna, Cigna, United, Allways and (Fallon-soon)
Please follow this link for their information: https://www.savepointacupuncture.com/
Insurance Changes for 2021: We no longer accept BMC Healthnet. We currently accept the following insurance plans (subject to change):
BCBS, Tufts, Allways, Fallon/Wellforce, Aetna, Cigna, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, CCA/One Care, United/OPTUM.
It is YOUR responsibility to update us with any insurance changes for 2021 at least 1 week PRIOR to your appointment date to avoid being responsible for the full treatment cost.
Cancellation policy changes:
We will be tightening up our cancellation policy moving forward. Our new policy will be as follows:
If an appointment is not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance you will be charged for your FULL session cost of $90. This fee will NOT be covered by your insurance. If you are experiencing COVID related symptoms or think you may have been in contact with someone who has COVID- PLEASE CANCEL your session as soon as possible. There will not be a charge in this case, HOWEVER, you will be asked to produce a negative COVID test before returning for your next appointment and if this is not obtained your consecutive sessions will be cancelled until a negative test is produced OR 3 weeks have passed since your last symptom.
Thank you to all our amazing clients, we look forward to continuing to serve our JP community. Please stay safe and healthy!
The AcuPUNKture Team
Donations requested: Our friend Karrie needs help with medical travel!Uncategorized
Read Karries’s Full story and Donate HERE
After a 3+ year long battle, Our good friend Karrie received word yesterday that she has FINALLY been accepted to be a patient with DUKE and is being expedited due to the severity and rare complications she is experiencing. She has been tentatively scheduled to travel November 29-December 4th. The current wait to be seen at Duke is 6 months to a year so this just gives you a tiny glimpse as to how severe her condition is- but if you have the time to read her full story, I’ve outlined it below.
Karrie has worked extra hard to jump through every insurance and beurocratic hoop and has finally received word that insurance will cover her Out of network cost of treatment and copays which is amazing, however she still needs financial help for travel etc.
In order for her to go to Duke and get the procedures and extensive testing she needs, she will have to travel, arrive early due to Covid, stay close to the hospital for several days after the procedures and lie completely flat to give her body the best chance to heal. Her boyfriend , who will still need to work to continue to support their family and living expenses back home, will need to do so from the hotel will she undergoes treatment and testing.
It was also advised she lie completely flat during her travel and will need a minimum of 8 weeks to recover where she will not be able to bend, lift or twist her spine in any way.
We are working to try to find medical travel for her, hotel accommodations, and care for her dog. Any donations will go directly to helping fund Karrie’s trips back and forth as they suspect she will need to be seen at Duke multiple times in the upcoming months in addition to her care team here. I want to make sure that they can still pay rent and have a home to come back to once her surgeries and treatments are complete.
Thank you so much for reading this far. Please share this with your communities and if you are able to donate even a few dollars, any little bit helps. ❤
Below is her entire story for those who have the time to read it ❤
Thank you so much
Crystal Meyers- Farnsworth, LAc., and Friend
AcuPUNKture is Back! New Protocols and changes announced:Uncategorized
Good Morning Acu-Punks!!
We are happy to let you know that we are once again seeing clients for in-office appointments starting June 22nd and the Mind Body online schedule will be available for booking starting June 15th! The past couple months have been a tremendous upheaval for everyone and we look forward to being able to see you in person again.
Even as businesses begin reopening, COVID-19 remains a threat. To keep our patients and staff at minimum risk we will be changing our operations based on CDC and Massachusetts state guidelines and MA Department of Public Health reopening regulations. Below are some of the important changes we are making:
- Telehealth appointments will be available on an as-needed basis for high-risk/elderly patients. If you are at high risk for complications from COVID-19 or require transportation that requires you to be at the office more than five minutes prior to/after your appointment time, in-office appointments are not recommended at this time. Please speak with staff prior to booking if you fall into any of these categories.
- Appointment availability will be limited and our hours/days open will be drastically changed. This is to prevent having too many people in the office at any one time. Re-opening guidelines state that we must operate at an extremely reduced capacity and prioritize high need patients. For this reason, we ask that you only book one appointment per week to allow for all patient’s to be able to get an appointment, unless you speak with Crystal and get approval in advance of booking.
- Patients will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging COVID-19 risk before entering the clinic and receiving treatment.
- We have removed our indoor waiting area and retail space. The tea station is closed, and crystal sales will remain on our Etsy shop indefinitely (we can bring crystals in for you if you would like to order any after browsing the online shop). We will continue to use crystals during treatment and sell CBD and essential oils in-office, during your appointment time only.
- Please do not bring friends or family members to appointments. Only one client is allowed in the treatment room at all times. The only exception is if a child (18 years or younger) is receiving treatment; in this case one parent or legal guardian can be present in the room with them.
- Upon arrival, patients will be required to wait outside and call the front desk. We now have a bench outside the office for seating. We ask that patients do not arrive more than 10 minutes before their appointment time.
- Patients will be screened outside before appointments. This will include a questionnaire about potential COVID-19 symptoms and a temperature/smell test. The clinic reserves the right to and will turn away any client who has a temp, does not pass all screening questions or is unable to identify essential oils by smell.
- Cancellation fees are temporarily waived; if you think you or anyone you have interacted with might have been exposed to COVID-19, please call and let us know so we can reschedule your appointment.
- Patients are required to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the building.
- Patients and staff are required to wear masks at all times. The one exception will be while using a face cradle, but masks must be put back on immediately afterwards. If you do not have a mask, let us know when booking your appointment and we will provide one for you before entering the building.
- During treatment interaction between the practitioner and patient must be limited and the practitioner’s face mask and shield can not be removed, so we will not be giving moxa treatments or fire/sliding cupping. Stationary cupping will still be available but the practitioner will apply the cups and set a timer while standing outside the treatment room door. Patients will have a buzzer during the session so they can call the practitioner between check-ins if necessary. .
- Treatment tables are no longer heated (this is due to the use of vinyl table coverings). Mylar blankets and heat lamps will be available for those that want them.
In addition to the above changes, we are complying with CDC Sanitization Guidelines by:
- Disinfecting all high-touch areas after use, such as doorknobs, light switches, treatment tables, chairs, water dispenser handles and the bathroom.
- Having practitioners change protective equipment between patients. Licensed Acupuncturists will wear face masks and a face shield as well as protective outerwear at all times.
- Installing HEPA air filters in each treatment room and the front desk area.
- Replacing fabric sheets with vinyl covers and table paper in treatment rooms.
- Enforcing social distancing of at least 6 feet. Please be mindful of others while walking through the clinic.
- Continuously screening staff for COVID-19 symptoms and implementing our exposure control plan and protocols as needed.
- Installing no-touch trash bins, no-touch paper towel dispensers and hand sanitizer stations in the bathroom and throughout the clinic. There will also be locking plastic bins in each room for soiled reusable face masks to be stored for sanitizing at the end of the day.
*Keeping our patients safe and healthy is our top priority. We will be continuously reviewing and updating our policies and procedures based on guidance from the CDC and Massachusetts state guidelines. To stay up to date with this information please visit our website regularly and pay attention to signs throughout the office.
If you would like to schedule an appointment please click here. If you are unable to book online you can email us at email@example.com or text the clinic line at 617-971-8623 with your desired availability and we will get back to you as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience as we work on safely reopening!
Looking forward to seeing you,
Owner of AcuPUNKture
Introducing: Virtual Treatments with At Home Acu-kits!acupuncture, acupuncture FAQ, acupuncture for common colds, acupuncture for digestive issues, acuPUNKture, acupunture, boston AcuPUNKture, bostonacupunkture, flu season, Uncategorized
Clinic Temporary Closing- COVID-19 Pre-caution-Uncategorized
With the recent news of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak and the need for social distancing as well as Boston public School systems closing to help stop this pandemic from spreading through our community, we feel it is our duty to close the clinic for at least 2 weeks to help keep our staff and clients safe from the possibility of unknown infection.
With the recent news of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak and the need for social distancing as well as Boston public School systems closing to help stop this pandemic from spreading through our community, we feel it is our duty to close the clinic for at least a week to help keep our staff and clients safe from the possibility of unknown infection.
We will be closing our doors and cancelling all appointments starting Monday March 16th, 2020 through Sunday March 22nd, 2020 and will reassess the situation as more information comes to light. It is possible we will have to close for more than 1 week but in the meantime we will keep appointments on the books and take it day by day.
We hope that you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy during this very stressful time and we look forward to seeing and treating you again when we are able to re-open our doors in the future.
The AcuPUNKture Staff
Update: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreakacupuncture, Uncategorized
We wanted to take a moment to address the current coronavirus outbreak. We are currently taking all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of the virus, including but not limited to frequent hand washing and disinfecting of surfaces in the office.
We are also asking that any patients who may have been exposed to the virus to STAY HOME until you have been tested. You may have been exposed if you:
– have traveled to China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, or Italy, or any of the 120 countries affected by the coronavirus in the last 30 days OR
– have recently had a fever greater than 100 degrees and/or
– cough, upset-stomach or respiratory (breathing) symptoms or
– have had had known contact with someone exposed to the coronavirus
If you may have been exposed and have an appointment scheduled for this week, give us a call at 617-971-8623 so we can reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for your cooperation in stopping the spread of the virus!
Stay safe and healthy,
The AcuPUNKture Team
PSA: Insurance Coverage 2020Uncategorized